25 February 2006

Movie frenzy


this is not taken in a cinema
Originally uploaded by Stürmifüdle.

So the Finnkino had its birthday. Jei!
So what? So they had a nice deal: From wednesday night, 00:01 on each movie would be only 1 Euro, the price being rased each three hours by another euro.
You would't believe how many people were still around the cinema after midnight! Loads of teenies, guess it's school holidays or something. Telling them to go home in german didn't help much. But anyway, back to the movies:

1) Jarhead (00:15-2:35am)
Very surprising. As it is set in the first gulf war, there are almost no war scenes in it. It traces the training and mission of a marine private, monitoring his thoughts and feelings. A nice addition to all the "bomb camera" footage that everyone has in their heads.

2) Prime (02:45-04:45)
Yes, that is almost till five in the morning! After a decent late night burger at the golden arches we decided to go for something easy to swallow. Prime is about a shrink that discovers that her patient is making out with her son. Nice hollywood comedy, with the son looking like Nicholas Cage in a young version. Go check that out.

3) Walk the line (16:15-18:50?)
After five hours sleep, a hastily finished response paper and four hours of lectures, a good movie is just what you need. A shame though, as I missed the Chronicles of Narnia in the morning. Walk the line is good, but somehow I expected something different for all that Oscar-buzz that is going on. I really like Johnny Cash's music, and this is a good film, but somehow something was missing. Ray is the better star biography picture I think.

And after all these movies, I went home for a very quick diner just to rush back into town again for a meeting with people from a philosophy class I took. We meet in a nice beer bar with loads of belgish, german and even english (why that?) beers where I stayed two hours only to head of to Baarikärpanen...

2 Comments:

At 26/2/06 22:05, Blogger Pia said...

hey darling!
Like your new blog! (yeah, you took my advise ey?) ;)

Miss you, Easater holiday soon! Jei! OH! and I saw you stealing my "jei!" somwhere in the text, you shameless thief!! hehe, that`s ok, it feels like I left something good behind ;)

Lots of love,

Pia

 
At 27/2/06 13:49, Blogger Dominik said...

thanks for the compliments! It was a trade off between invested time and results - so yes, I took your advice - and even infected my brother :-)
Looking forward to Easter too, my visitors season will start soon. From then on it's either me travelling or friends and relatives visiting me. Maybe you should've putten a copyright on your Jei? But besides the Jei there is all your plates and glasses here, besides other stuff - so of course, you left good stuff behind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home