17 March 2006

Sweden hooray!




Ah, what a trip! Yesterday we had a nice mexican evening at Domus - Fajitas, Tequilas, Nachos- Too much Tequila.
then we went to Svengi's; a karaoke Bar that is almost always empty during the week. There was one Elvis with a really good voice and a man-mountain with a good voice as well. We stayed and sang till the said "please don't give any more songs you want to sing, cause we will close".
As I had to prepare for a presentation, I got up at 9 after about four hours of sleep... : - ( Hungover, sick and hungry I went to University to prepare a response paper as well, but the copying machine jammed and I ran out of time - only one hour left to do a two hour job so I skipped it and ate instead (good decision).
The presentation went smooth, I only wondered if my voice really sounded so raspy and deep as I thought. After that, only 30 minutes were left to go back to Domus, pack stuff and ran back to get the bus to the airport. I missed the first one of course, with only 2 minutes left to run to the check in as my plane went at 16.15 and I arrived at the airport at 15.43. . . AHHH!
Luckily enough, there was still a guy on the counter, but officially it was closed already. He let me in though, and I boarded the plane with almost only Business people in proper black suits; me sporting a 3-day beard and a sick face.

But since I am here in Uppsala, everything went fine and dandy! The town is nice and small, swedish currency is a laugh (Kroners, ha!) things are cheaper than back in Helsinki. Meet Eli and we cooked, got me a guest card for the nations and then went to the Floksta, a ghetto only for us.
The ingenious guys, under swiss command of course, built a kicker (snowjump) at the bottom of a hill behind one of the houses in Floksta. It went over a trail about 1,5 meters wide (the famous "Floksta gap") and went over it the next two hours or so, some with Snowboards, others with Skis. Various sledges and bobs were also used Ah, everything got wet, but I am happy. Now back and getting dry and sleepy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home