06 April 2006

Back with a life / The trip that wasn't


As usual, things happen to quickly to put them all on here. Seems strange there is no slowing down, it seems either one wild ride or nothing but boredom and laziness to me.

One day after I came back to Helsinki, I went on a cruise with Media.ry, the commmunication students association, to Tallinn. Though I have to say: I never left the ship! There are several ways of doing a journey to Tallinn, and this was the first one I made with a boat that left in the early evening, taking about three hours. It arrives late in the evening, around 11 pm or so - someone said "look, where in Tallinn already!" Thing is, Tallinn itself is not important for the whole trip. It could be anywhere. Leaving the ship is only an option worth considering if you want to do some serious shopping or to see something else than the seemingly endless Shining-esque corridors of the cruiser. The finnish way of doing a cruise is easy & effective:

1) bring some intial booze with you, if you do not intend to buy it on the ship's store
2) Order 1 (one!) drink at the bar, down it
3) "Borrow" the glass for free refills in your cabin

This way, all night drinking fun can begin. The cabins are small but fun squeeze into, allowing some sauna-like partying (I really think there is a connection).
So after a night of enjoying tango-karaoke with the average-58 year old passenger, a cabaret show that drew inspiration from Chaplin till Men in Black and some odd aqquaintances, I was far too tired and hung-over to get up at 8 am to see Tallinn. Seriously!
As usual, all the more pics are at flickr, also here and there



3 Comments:

At 6/4/06 17:22, Blogger Pia said...

busy bee! think you need to do some painting yourself!

 
At 6/4/06 20:21, Blogger Elibeli said...

eli ist jetzt auch unter die blogger gegangen: http://the-world-of-eleanor.blogspot.com/

lustig...war letztes wochenende auch auf einer fährencruise nach åland. war das vielleicht scheisse.
bin vom 11. bis 19. april in good old switzerland...yeah.

bist du mal wieder per skype zu erreichen?

hej då

eli

 
At 6/4/06 22:17, Blogger Dominik said...

hey hey! ich schau gleich mal vorbei! Warum war dein cruise scheisse? Grüsse an die Schweiz - schau mal bei Sinti vorbei, der ist einsam :-) War heute den ganzen Tag unterwegs, und morgen kommt meine Mutter bis Mittwoch... mal sehen wann wir uns wieder sprechen können!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home