30 July 2006

quick and dirty going out guide to Berlin






uh uh, the possibilities are endless! But where do you want go today? Alright, enough of the slogans. It has to be outdoors these weeks, as it is incredibly hot and I'm quite the overheating, sweaty sweaty type. My metabolism works astonishingly well.

If you like the waterside, there are lots of beach bars along the spree and the different canals. Berlin's got more bridges than Venice, if I remember correctly. The ones you see here is the "Strandbar Mitte" opposite the Museumsinsel, to be reached from the Oranienburger Strasse near the Monbijou Park. After work- Mitte crowd, nice beach chairs, but a bit pricey.

The chandelier and dark pictures are from the place of which I forgot the name (what a good guide!), but you can access it from the Köpenicker Street, around the number 46. There are several bars, it's quite a large area with one of the weirdest danceflorrs around: Directly on the side of the spree in an old boats house (my guess). The trees have chandeliers for lights, and the atmosphere is really relaxed. But there's a 3 Euro entrance fee.

No beach, but camping atmosphere is to be had at the Trailer Park, Linienstrasse / alte Schönhauser Strasse close to the Rosa Luxemburg Platz. Nicely converted trailers, DJs on the weekends and a slightly older crowd make for excellent pre-clubbing or just drinking atmosphere.

For dancing, if you like the olde alternative/indie guitar-loaded tunes, the "Carrera club" series is your place to be. Changing clubs make for a different atmosphere, a youngish crowd and very danceable tunes compliment the conaisseur. But beware: The likes of "Roter Salon" and also "Magnet" are sauna-ish hot these days.

So much for where I spent my money! I am getting too old for this whole clubbing thing...already had to pop some caffeine pills tonight! So while I wait for them to wear off, I'm hoping you enjoyed some hints if you ever visit Berlin.

7 Comments:

At 2/8/06 00:31, Blogger Joe said...

Hey, hab gestern Zisse getroffen, wusste gar net das du wieder Besuch kriegst ^^, muss auch nochmal vorbeischauen, aber erstmal Ungarn und Sziget Festival.

 
At 2/8/06 01:50, Blogger Dominik said...

cziese heisst der zisse! ja, die überfallen mich wieder :-) wird sicher lustig. Wusste auch nicht dass du aufs Sziget gehst -auch papi nicht :-) wirrd sicher gut.

 
At 2/8/06 13:01, Blogger Joe said...

Ich wollte es eigentlich auch so schreiben, aber das kam mir unlogisch vor. Papi weiss doch gar nicht was Sziget ist, oder?

 
At 3/8/06 03:50, Blogger Dominik said...

papi weiss alles ! er weiss wo es ist, was es ist und worum's geht! :-)

 
At 3/8/06 13:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...weil Du es ihm erzählt hast. *lol*

 
At 3/8/06 16:45, Blogger Joe said...

Denk ich aber auch, mir geht's eh nur um Placebo und Beatsteaks. Kitti meinte da wäre noch was vernünftiges ungarisches dabei. Franz Ferdinand kann ich gerne verpassen... ^^

 
At 22/8/06 16:22, Blogger Pia said...

I wish I could have gone there right away to check out the nightlife. It is probably ooosing a bit more than the nightlife in Bergen. Though the invasion of new students turned it up a notch or a thousand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home