12 November 2006

Went out ,stayed in


Semester Opening Party at "Das Schiff"
Originally uploaded by Stürmifüdle.

Party time again! The official opening party was not only slightly late, but also sold out (about 900 people) as the venue is a ship in the rhine, anchored just opposite the border to Germany, while on the other side of the rhine France can be seen. International, baby!
Not long before, on wednesday, the students union put up a bar crawl for the freshmen, and quite surprisingly, about 25 came. Normally media students from Basel are quite lazy and not very out-going, so I guess we were lucky, especially as it was a weekday. See all pictures here.

As I was quite hammered the day after, I didn't went to Mr. Martinsons critically acclaimed presentation of his trips to Pakistan and Iran and all along the silk road. The images are really interesting, check them on his flickr page.



Finally, I had to realize that my itunes is a softie. I had it running along my cleaning duties, and look what it put together on random setting:

Al Jarreau – Agua de Beber 12 Nov 2006, 11:46
Robbie Williams – Let Me Entertain You 12 Nov 2006, 11:40
Carla Bruni – Le Plus Beau de Quartier
Jack Johnson – Sharing Song 12 Nov 2006, 11:33
Foo Fighters – What If I Do 12 Nov 2006, 11:28
The Cranberries – I Can't Be With You 12 Nov 2006, 11:25
OutKast – Mighty O 12 Nov 2006, 11:21
Heather Nova – All I Need 12 Nov 2006, 11:17
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Death Of A Martian

I mean, please! Out of the 6000ish songs I have it could have mixed something more upbeat, rockish, whatever. But it decided for the calm, poppy, airwave common-sense style. Your such a bore, itunes. Stop it.

On a -final- sidenote: Anyone getting much more spam on gmx (the mail provider) lately? I think they switched off their super-spam-filter in order to convince people to switch to their premium, payable service. Not nice, not nice.

13 Comments:

At 12/11/06 22:33, Blogger Joe said...

Ich krieg da immer viel Spam, aber der landet auch im Spamordner, außerdem wird das in Thunderbird nochmal seperat gefiltert...soweit nicht problematisch, hab grad nach 3h Lernmarathon keine höheren Gehirnfunktionen mehr...

 
At 12/11/06 23:26, Blogger Dominik said...

Fleissig fleissig! So ist's recht!

bei mir wird auch zweimal gefiltert, trotzdem war das früher anders. Sachen mit betreff "sexually explicit" sollten direkt gelöscht werden, das war früher sicher auch so.

 
At 13/11/06 09:02, Blogger Elibeli said...

hej domi! grüsse aus schwedenlande. ich sehe in basel entwickelt sich ein studentenleben...dank dem ex-erasmusstudent. ja, wenn ich zurückkomme rockt wieder das haus. mit ganz vielen pre- und afterparties wherever yeah - basel nimm dich in acht.

diese woche wird ziemlich langweilig. muss ne arbeit schreiben...gähn.
das ist die langweilige seite des studentenlebens. aber ich geniesse das noch ein bisschen. man weiss ja nie wann fertig ist.

liebe grüsse

eli

 
At 13/11/06 11:51, Blogger Dominik said...

hey eli! Ja,bisschen was geht schon - aber da ist noch Nachholbedarf. Freu mich schon wenn du wieder da bist, mit Matheo und Jus muss eindeutig mehr koordiniert werden. Ich bin auch am Arbeit schreiben...aber wird wohl länger als ne Woche dauern. :-)

 
At 15/11/06 00:25, Blogger Pia said...

LOL!!!!

That list is such a disaster!

Reminds me that I am not looking forward to put together the list of songs for our christmas party on the 24th of November.. jeeezz...That is an unthankful job...

 
At 15/11/06 01:28, Blogger Dominik said...

You put together songs beforehand? How thoughtful! Very organized, you Norwegians. And christmas parties at the end of November...you just want to get drunk, I know your type! Good idea, btw.

 
At 15/11/06 22:37, Blogger Joe said...

Already am, don't try to drink two Long Islands in 10 minutes (damn cheap for 6,80 € too)...

 
At 16/11/06 01:16, Blogger Dominik said...

cheap is 5 Euros! But very impressive, still!

 
At 16/11/06 17:47, Blogger Joe said...

Where to get 2x 0,6 l Long Islands for 5 €, I wonder...

 
At 17/11/06 20:45, Blogger Pia said...

said the german... =)

 
At 18/11/06 17:54, Blogger Dominik said...

I just happen to know a place... in Berlin :-)

 
At 19/11/06 12:53, Blogger Joe said...

Maniacs... ^^

 
At 20/11/06 00:09, Blogger Dominik said...

just wanted to add another comment in order to get thirteen :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home